24 July 2006

Two pricks

Since I'll be 28 weeks pregnant this week, I had my prenatal checkup and glucose screening test today. In preparation for this test I didn't eat anything after dinner last night. Glucose screening test (also called a glucose challenge test or GCT) between 24 and 28 weeks of pregnancy to check for gestational diabetes, a high blood sugar condition that some women get during pregnancy. For more info about GCT you can check it out here.
The nurse (which happens to be Pinay also, thank goodness) took a blood sample from my arm then made me drink the glucose solution. It tasted like orange soda, very sweet...made me want to throw up. She asked me to come back after two hours so she could take another blood sample again. Yup two pricks in one day...it wasn't really painful, I just don't like being poked with needles.
After that I went to see my OB, Baby J is doing really well. Her heartbeat is strong and she's as active as always. She's a little over one kilogram now. I'm concerned about baby J's size so I asked my OB if she's big for her age, thankfully her size is normal...not big. I don't have to watch my weight at the moment as my weight gain is normal.
I'm looking forward to my next prenatal checkup because I'm also scheduled for a 3D scan. I want to see baby J's face clearly.
Here's the latest ultrasound pic of baby J, I labelled it for better viewing...

That's our little one at almost 28 weeks. Another great pic, love the finger pointing up as she was sucking her thumb!

In scrapping news, I'm not part of Kimberly Geswain's CT. She creates sketches and fonts at oscraps.com and digiscrappin.biz go check out her stuff. Using a sketch is the easiest and fastest way to create layout,makes it more fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home