23 March 2006

Baby Updates and more...

Today I took time out from work to have my check up. I honestly feel so tired these days, and the morning sickness keeps getting worst. My co-workers commented that I look pale and I'm having back pains. I'm a wreck...I'm so tired.
So I went to see my doctor today, and I got to see our little one. Hubby wasn't with me since it was a morning appointment, its the first time he missed a chec up. I actually don't mind, I kept him updated over the phone. I didn't mind him not being around until I was told that they will need to take my blood sample. I don't fancy being poked with needle. As a child I use to cry buckets when I had vaccination shots. As an adult, I don't cry buckets anymore (I think that would be weird) but I'm still scared of needles. So when the nurse draw my blood I didn't even look.
On with the pleasant experience, the most exciting part of the check up is the scan. I get to see how the baby is doing. Today I was able to see his hands and feet. The doctor took time to find a position where I can clearly see the tiny white dots that was his hands and feet. I could see his tiny heart beating too! The doctor used a doppler and I was able to hear our baby's heartbeat again...it was the most comforting sound. I'm just soo happy he's doing great.
My next checkup would be in three weeks time so I'm about thirteen weeks pregnant by then. The doctor talked to me about having the Down Syndrome test done. Down Syndrome is caused by having an extra copy of a particular chromosome (Trisomy 21). Down Syndrome Blood Test called Maternal Serum Biochemistry Screening Test can be done to detect this chromosome abnormality. Well nothing can be done to cure this and the only option is abortion. We opted not to take this test. Since there's no cure for it there's no point really. Abortion is never an option for us either. We just have to pray to God for a healthy baby, that's all we can do.

So here's a snapshot of our little one...hope you can see him...

Baby @ Ten weeks and Three Days

1 Comments:

Blogger Anita Stergiou said...

peek a boo baby - i can see you :) i love ultrasound pics.. you've got to scrap it... of course you know that already :) hope that the morning sickness eases a bit for you soon - ginger tea really helps and vitamin B6. take care of yourself and rest whenever you can. sending you warm hugs

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home