02 June 2006

News

Today we found out that we're having a baby girl. This finding is not 100% accurate but we'd like to believe it for now. I have a lot of things to say about my 20th week fetal scan but maybe I will write about it some other time...

I have other news...

On our way to the hospital my husband received a call from his sister. I knew something bad happened, he didn't tell me anything the whole time we were waiting for my checkup and I knew it was best not to ask. It was difficult to try to maintain a normal conversation but we managed somehow.After my checkup while waiting for my next appointment schedule he broke the news to me,His dad past away of cardiac arrest this morning, he was 66. I told him,we'll talk about it at home. I didn't say anything, I didn't know exactly what to say...so I just held my husband's hand and told him I love him. His hands were cold...for almost seven years together the only time I held his hand this cold was at the church on our wedding day. He told I looked beautiful then we held hands going to the altar, that was a happy moment...this one is different. I really don't know how to comfort him, I wasn't prepared for anything like this. I guess you can never really prepare yourself. All I can do is be with him...

We're going back to Manila this Sunday. Please include us in your prayers...

8 Comments:

Blogger Mai said...

my condolences and hugs sis!

we'll be including you in our prayers. Have a safe trip back to Manila. :)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Nette said...

true you can never really prepare yourself... all you can do is be there for him, hold his hand as long as his needed it. that's what i needed and got from friends and family, when the same thing happen to us when my father pass away.

Condolence to you both!

4:44 AM  
Blogger chuching said...

condolences to you and hubby. i already said a prayer for both of you.

don't stress yourself too much since preggy ka. pero nette is right, just hold his hand and be there for him

take care :)

8:21 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I guess the best thing you can do for him is just to be there by his side. Your family will be in my prayers.

12:50 PM  
Blogger frecklesspeckles said...

That's sad. Touched naman ako sa thoughtfulness ng husband mo for not letting you know while you're still in the middle of a check-up. I agree with what leslie said. Just be there and give him support.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

I'm sorry about your loss. Condolences from J and me.

Take care!

8:49 AM  
Blogger alynn said...

my sincere condolences to you and hubby...have a safe trip...

7:20 AM  
Blogger Nica said...

I just came across your blog and read it...

So sorry to hear the sad news about your FIL, My condolences! We will be thinking of you and your family! Hope you and your husband gets some peace as well as rest from the travel.

BTW, Congratulations to both of you! (I know it's late but it's better late than never... :) don't stress yourselft a lot... just be there for each other...

-VeroNica

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home